[Sca-cooks] I visited the International Farmer's Market on the Buford Hwy

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 04:31:48 PST 2005

So I went to the International Farmer's Market.....

Found it the first try , if you are going East on 285, turn right,
if you are going north/east on 285, it's a left.

Holy multi-cultural grocery Batman!

The produce rocked, the meat section was pretty near perfect (no turkey
parts, but that could just be that I wasn't looking hard enough) and I
wandered aimlessly through the rest of the store for I don't know how
long, looking at things, eating a sample of two.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been an
indian section, but I have Harry's (basicially a Whole Foods market
on steroids)  and YDFM  for other things.

Now I need to find the one on Peachtree Industurial.

Now comes the question part of this thing.  I was looking at some
nice anodized aluminum cookware and I noticed it is really thin
walled, in fact all the cookware there except the earthenware
stuff was thin.   Is that the general design of oriental cookware?

This is due to a general scarcity of metal?

Also, I found some stone bowls (granite I think) and I was wondering
if anyone knew a specific purpose for them?

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson