[Sca-cooks] christmas loot

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Sun Jan 2 08:03:57 PST 2005

Hi!  and hope everyone has had a merry time during the holiday season!

    The Mistress just returned home Thursday from visiting the family for a
week, and so we had a happy reunion and holiday on Friday, New Years' Eve.
I mads a nice supper of broiled salmon with a coating of Lime Oil {new
present} on the skin, and a ginger-lime teriaki basting {from the ginger
people}.  Twice baked potatoes with a nice sharp cheddar,  peas,  mandarin
orange slices,  and a nice Creme Burlee ice cream from Hagen Daz.  We had a
bottle of Asti to toast in the new year  -- with some awaiting to be added
to oj for mimosas . . . .

    The loot is VERY NICE!!  Referring to a previous post,  I now own a Dick
St (umlaut) uck, a cool mincing knife.    BOOKS!!  Milham's  hardcover
_Platina_, Sculley's Early French Cookery_, and two Bzyantine cookbooks:
Andrew Dalby's and Henry Marks.   Kitchen widgets include a "ove glove" a
kevlar & nomex knitted glove to protect my hand against burns, a digital
cooking thermometer and cook little measure thingies that go from 1/8 teasp
to 2 Tablespons.

    Today I'm busy working on the 12th night Feast for next Saturday  --
making venison & pork sausages,  cardamon-rye bead, fruit tarts and other
yummy dishes . . . . the help arrives at 1:00p, and I still have to cclean
up from the work yesterday.

CHEERS!
Caointiarn