[Sca-cooks] Re: Meat Loaf

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Jan 2 11:00:53 PST 2005

Hmm. The variety in meatloaf recipes is interesting!

I just made some the other day- I was feeling a need for 'comfort food',
and meatloaf and baked potatoes fit the bill. And I showed Lydia the ropes
so she could make it at home.

'Lainie's Meatloaf.

1- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 or 2 eggs (depending on amount of beef)
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 teaspoon dried savory
oatmeal (1 cup?)

Put the potatoes in the oven before you start the meatloaf.
Mix everything but the oatmeal together, then work in oatmeal a little at a
time until... until it's right (more battery and less slop?) Bake in an 8x8
pan at about 375. Unless the potatoes are huge, they should be done about
the same time.

Really doesn't need anything on top, and people who put ketchup on it
*before even tasting it!* really annoy me... ;-)

'Lainie