Asian disaster- rant warning- was- Re: [Sca-cooks] black pepper wars

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jan 3 15:03:40 PST 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> > Salt water in the water table is said to be
> killing palm trees but it occured to me that it won't do much good for
> other plants either.
>

> Or more importantly perhaps,  for the people who live there. So give
> generously :)
>
> Mel

Sorry, Mel, but you hit one of my hot buttons.

We still have homeless people in Florida from the series of hurricanes that
went through. Why do we need to be building the rest of the world? Who
helped us? Who _HAS_ helped us, with 9/11 and similar problems? And then you
get some yahoo standing up in the middle of the UN, saying that we chould
pass another _TAX_ to send money over there? There they have been sitting in
excellent weather, other than the odd tsunami, while I'm freezing my tuchus
off in Connecticut- you makes your choices, and you pays your prices.

Certainly, the folks in Asia have my sympathy- it was a very, very, nasty
situation, and it's still ongoing. But I think it's about time for the rest
of the world to quit sitting on their asses, telling us we're imperialist
pigs, harboring terrorists, then running to Mommy USA whenever something
goes wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, if those folks, or any others want _MY_ help, they
can damn well show me that they're helping someone else.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.