[Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in making cider

Melanie Wilson MelanieWilson at dragonflight.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 22:45:12 PST 2005

>Anyway, I had bought a gallon of cider for the revel <snip>Tasting it in
>early December, it was alcoholic

Does this mean the stuff you refer to as cider was not originally alcoholic
? Cider in the UK always is

I use a couple of French books for cider making they can be got on Amazon.fr
but are only much use if you read French :( Let me know if you want details

>Maybe it's time to siphon off what is left and bottle it.

>From what you say it seems you got a natural yeast ? If it worked out well
don't bin the eresidue but use it it proper medieval fashion for your next
batch :)

Mel

Company, unless specifically stated. You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the contents of this e-mail or any of its attachments
without express consent