[Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in making cider

Leah Adams mogbane at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 06:15:51 PST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 06:45:12 -0000, Melanie Wilson
<MelanieWilson at dragonflight.co.uk> wrote:

*snip*
> Does this mean the stuff you refer to as cider was not originally alcoholic
> ? Cider in the UK always is

*snip*

Yup. The cider that you get here is just the unfiltered apple juice.
It's a nice thick amber color and tastes wonderful. I don't even think
that you can get alcoholic cider here in the US, at least not the kind
I'm thinking of. Yes, we are heathens. There are many stories here
about the cider "going off" and starting to burp. It always ends with
the stuff being poured down the drain, further proof of our
heathenism. I always thought that would be the best stuff, or at least
worth a try.

Stefan, that reminds me, I've got some cider that's been sitting in
the fridge since Halloween, I wonder if I should see if it's been
doing anything? Could we get a list of the spices that you put in it?

Leah/Samira