[Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in making cider

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 5 07:40:37 PST 2005

> Yup. The cider that you get here is just the unfiltered apple juice.
> It's a nice thick amber color and tastes wonderful. I don't even think
> that you can get alcoholic cider here in the US, at least not the kind
> I'm thinking of.

Yes, you can, at least in some states. Some states consider it wine (and
if they restrict wine sales, you have to buy it where you buy wine),
some consider it beer and you buy it at a beer distributor. There are a
number of hard cider brewers out there-- Woodchuck is mostly the brand
you find in Pennsylvania--, but unfortunately, most of their
products contain sulfites, which give me an instant hangover. However,
Woodchuck also makes a perry for which I will endure the hangover...
*sigh*

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_