[Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in making cider

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 08:50:32 PST 2005

--- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:

> > Yup. The cider that you get here is just the unfiltered apple juice.
> > It's a nice thick amber color and tastes wonderful. I don't even think
> > that you can get alcoholic cider here in the US, at least not the kind
> > I'm thinking of.
>
> Yes, you can, at least in some states. Some states consider it wine (and
> if they restrict wine sales, you have to buy it where you buy wine),
> some consider it beer and you buy it at a beer distributor.

Woodchuck is a good brand of Cider widely available in the U.S., as are Woodpecker (they make a
great Pear Cider) and White Rhino.  However, Wyders makes some of the best, as far as I am
concerned.  The Wyder's Peach Cider is crisp, refreshing, and tastes like it was made with fresh
peaches.  On a hot So-Cal Summer day, there are few things which will satisfy quite like an ice
cold draught Wyder's Peach Cider.  Bubbly like a cheap champagne, tart-sweet and runs about 6.5
percent alcohol, last time I checked.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.