[Sca-cooks] Trying Again, A question on Pea Broth

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 5 12:32:58 PST 2005

> I have always functioned under the understanding that when a period
> recipe calls for pea (or pease) broth that an appropriate substitution
> is a standard vegetable stock.
>
> So, has anyone actually stumbled across a period recipe for pea broth?

Um, yeah, but it's in Christopher's pottages handout and apparently he
hasn't gotten around to answering you yet. *sigh* I don't remember these
things, and since I woke him up at 2 am to be neurotic at him, I doubt
he does at the moment, either.

Basically, you make pea soup and let it settle. The clear stuff that
comes to the top is the pea broth-- you strain that out.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_