[Sca-cooks] Gum paste

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 5 18:23:24 PST 2005

Patrick Levesque wrote:

>According to the information on the Florilegium, gum paste, once dried,
>becomes rock-hard and remains that way for quite a long time.
>
>I was wondering, however, how long it safely will remain edible in that
>state?
>
>Petru

Once it's completely dried it should stay edible almost indefinitely
(pretty much like any hard candies/mints), provided it's been stored in
a clean dry place where it won't pick up any odors from other items.
Just be careful not to chip any teeth when the time comes to eat it.
Break it into small pieces and don't bite down hard on it.

Faerisa