[Sca-cooks] Electric knives

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 00:51:08 PST 2005

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> >I don't know where you got the
> "snaggle-toothed
> >edge", because my Krups blade is very smooth,
> >very sharp and easy to sharpen.
>
> If you look at it closely, the blade in the
> picture you posted was
> clearly serrated, and all the Krups machines
> I've seen have a
> serrated edge, like a saw. This is why I asked
> if Krups made more
> than one model, because I didn't want to
> characterize them all in
> that way, possibly unfairly.

Hmmmm .... I was so happy to find a picture that
I didn't look look very closely at the small
picture.  There are now 11 Krups slicers for
sale on eBay, some say definitely that they
have a serrated edge, others don't.  I really
don't know if there were more than one model.
I suspect that there may be.  I am not into
gadget history, so I can't really say.

As for them being lethal, yes, they can be, used
incorrectly.  So can knives.  So can mandolines.
The point is that in order to use anything that
cuts, you have to pay attention, use your
brain and follow commonsense safety precautions.
I have several scars on my hands from sharp
knives where I thought I was being careful, but
really wasn't.  The reality was that I really
wasn't paying close enough attention.  The first
I thought was a fluke.  The second made me sit
up and make changes in my procedures.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.