[Sca-cooks] Pasta Sheets

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Jan 12 07:00:21 PST 2005

Also sprach Lonnie D. Harvel:
>I keep hearing about pasta sheets. Cooking shows and books tell me
>to use them. But I have yet to see them available in any store I
>have been in, including the market stores and specialty stores. Does
>anyone know of an online source? (or for those in the Atlanta-ish
>area, do you know of a local source?)

You may find them in the refrigerated pasta section of large
supermarkets, or in some of the gourmet shops in your area. You may
need to ask for cannelloni sheets or fresh lasagne. Failing that, you
can try using egg roll wrappers, but those use a different flour and
are a little different in texture (not being durum wheat, as a rule).

Adamantius

eat cake!"
Rousseau, "Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04