[Sca-cooks]Feasts Per Year

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 12 08:22:43 PST 2005

> I will move over and give you bench room in the van to the hospital for
> volunteers who don`t know how to say no.
[snip]
>  Then I started noticing people at home stopped asking others  to cook at
> all. So I am officially unofficially retired from active cooking. Which
> means I am only doing three feast this year. Mostly for the fun of
> recreating an actual menu or something I wish to explore nothing else.

Yup. At one time, I found that the people at home stopped asking other
people to do dayboards. Yes, we should do bidding for feasts, dayboards,
etc. but the level of paranoia in our shire led people to want the food
staff lined up for an event bid before the even was even approved.
(We're getting better now.)

So, basically, I dropped out of doing dayboards for a year and now my
group looks to other people to do dayboards unless it is absolutely,
positively necessary for it to go smoothly. :)

My Christopher, on the other hand, did a feast last March, a feast in
December, and is doing a feast in late April or early May. And a
dayboard for the event I'm running, and catering my vigil. He's insane.
:)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The tumult and the shouting dies/ The captains and the kings depart
And we are left with large supplies / Of cold blancmange and
	rhubarb tart." -- Ronald Knox