[Sca-cooks] Olwen's Rice (was OOPS! 12th Night Feast)

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Jan 12 09:56:39 PST 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> 55 pounds of dry short grain rice.  Cooked 4 cups at a time with extra
rice
> flour added to make extra sticky sushi rice.  After cooking, each batch
> weighed just over 5 pounds.  I cooked rice for three days straight.  I
still
> can't go near the sink to clean the last of the mess because it smells
like
> rice.
> Pictures will follow sometime soon.
> Olwen

Oh dear....

Suggestion:

55lbs of _jasmine_ rice. Large pot- 2 waters, one rice. Bring water to boil,
add rice, bring to second boil, cover, turn off fire, or move someplace warm
and forget. Ignore for an hour or so. Start second batch. Do something else
until first batch has finished, and then add the sweet vinegar, etc,
stirring until cool. Place in other container, and restart your 3rd batch in
the first pot. Finish second batch, and restart 4th batch. Continue until
done.

I've only done 15 cups at a time, but there's no reason 20 wouldn't work.
Much easier than trying to do 4 c at a time, and should only take you a long
afternoon.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.