[Sca-cooks] bidding for feasts

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 14 18:20:56 PST 2005

While I like the idea of mentoring, I don't have the time to be thorough if
I have to deal with the logistics of a feast.  What I have done is act as
consultant and trainer to people who have stepped up to the plate, teaching
them my methods of planning and budgeting while letting them do the actual
work.  I have done this both in person and via e-mail.

I've found you can learn by working in other cook's kitchens, but that
nothing compares to the education one gets by taking over the job and doing
it.

Bear