[Sca-cooks] Need assistance in Scaling Sausage Spicing

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 19:38:23 PST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:29:27 -0400, Micheal <dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>   Anyway on the cooking channel was show with a smoker made  out of a
> Pottery fire place  and a hot plate. I may try that combination. I was
> wondering if anyone else had seen this episode. Because I working on second
> hand information as I don`t get the cooking network.
>  Da

That should work, but you would need to keep an eye on the temp inside
the fireplace.   Also you want to make sure the inside of the fireplace is not
glazed with anything toxic (unglazed = best).  Also don't use it if it has been
used to burn any plastics or styrofoam.

With the hot plate, it sounds like you would be cold smoking the fish, which
sounds good,  If you were able to have a small charcoal fire,  you
could hot smoke
the fish, but that would cook it as well as smoke it.  Just depends if you want
it cooked or raw in the sausage..

It sounds like it should work though.  Wish I could do that where I live.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson