[Sca-cooks] Feasts Per Year

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 16 09:33:00 PST 2005

caointiarn wrote:

>Samrah
>

>>Thanks all of you!  Keep those cards & letters coming ;0)

Dun Carraig, where I live, is a very small Barony, so we only have about
two - three events a year.  Unfortunately, because of our location,
which is to the east of I-95 and therefore off of the major north-south
"trade routes", we don't see a lot of our Atlantian Crowns.  In fact,
the only time we see them is when we host a Kingdom event or when we are
investing a new Baron/Baroness.  So most of our events are quite small
and our feasts even smaller.  Most of the events in Atlantia do come
with feasts attached...in fact, this year even the A&S Festival has one,
as does the Performer's Symposium.  In our Barony, we generally rotate
the feasts among the cooks...and welcome any interest by new cooks.
Typically, in that case, one of us who is more experienced, will mentor
a new cook to make sure everything goes ok.  At this point, we have six
or seven experienced cooks and several who are learning.  That's not bad
for a Barony with only about 30 active members!  And we recently heard a
complaint from one of our fighters that they were distressed to learn
that Dun Carraig is known for producing excellent feasts.  I don't know
about the rest of you, but I find that passing odd!

Kiri