[Sca-cooks] Feasts Per Year

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Jan 16 11:40:50 PST 2005

Yup, generally.  Some years we have feasts in connection with our fourth
event, Hellsgate, which is held in July and is a camping event.
Our A&S event (previously based in January) is being folded into our
Spring Feast event (held every March).  So that's two events with a
regularly scheduled feast.
I should add, to contribute to the thread, that we're stuck with doing a
potluck this March, as we couldn't get anyone to be Feast Steward.
We're a very, very small barony (about the size if Kiri's, and at least
that isolated), and the few cooks we've had have either moved to
Outlands and become king, or have burned out....and have bad knees.  We
tried encouraging mentoring sorts of things, but our newer people (who
aren't very numerous to begin with) just aren't interested in "doing all
that work since it isn't any fun." (paraphrased quote)  Dunno what it's
going to come down to, which is a real shame, as we used to widely known
for putting on some of the better feasts in the kingdom....
--maire