[Sca-cooks] Re: OOPS! 12th night feast

LadyPendarvis ladypendarvis at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 16:46:50 PST 2005

when Caius and I did 12th night at Sokol hall 2 years ago, we used the
combined dishes of the two baronies, Steppes and Elfsea, and a slew of our
own equipment. Plus borrowed a ton from Caelin and Pyro. and if we hadn't
listened to about 20 people tell us all the "bad" things about that kitchen,
we wouldn't have been prepared.
the steam tables there are great. we used them to cook all the salmon and
vegetables.
the convection ovens are a lost cause. pick a temperature. then come back in
an hour, it will be low. then the fan will stop, and you have to turn them
off and turn them back on.
never, ever work sokol hall kitchen unless you have a rotating crew of 12
people or more. the clean up will kill you.
Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis.
Barony of Elfsea
COoks Guild
been there. done that. what's next?