[Sca-cooks] Sultan's Book of Delights-- late 15th century

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 23:53:36 PST 2005

--- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Probably I should define the feast more clearly
> as "Islamic"...and I do
> have a copy of Perry's "Medieval Arab Cookery",
> which I also plan to
> use.  I just thought it might be intriguing to
> include some Mughal
> recipes from India.  We see a fair number of ME
> dishes in feasts here,
> but very rarely do we see anything that is
> Mughal or Indian.
>
> Kiri

That would make more sense to me.  Thanks for
the clarification.

> PS:  I may also include some dishes from the
> Spanish Moors, not to
> mention Naples, if I locate any!

Do you have Terence Scully's "Neopolitan Recipe
Collection : Cuoco Napolitano"?

And how about An Anonymous Andalusian Cookbook of
the 13th Century, translated by Charles Perry?

http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Andalusian/andalusian1.htm

Your banquet sounds like it will be great!

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.