[Sca-cooks] List of period sausage recipes

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Jan 23 07:26:19 PST 2005

Why not include both? They could be cross-referenced,  or additionally
labeled with such things as:
also known as a pudding, or
usually cold-smoked, or
whatever....
I think it would be handy, from a modern cook's standpoint, to include
those recipes (or at least, references to them) that *we* might think of
as "sausage" (whether in a casing or not), but that the actual medieval
cooks might not have.  I freely admit to being influenced by modern
American cooking practices--I just don't think of something with meat in
it as any sort of "pudding," and I doubt it would ever occur to me, if I
were doing research for a feast or dish, to look for meat recipes in a
"pudding" list.
--maire's 2 pence worth....