[Sca-cooks] Sausage recipes

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Jan 23 11:05:24 PST 2005

Also sprach Robin Carroll-Mann:
>Notes:
>*   "Morcillas" are normally blood sausages, whereas these are
>closer to a British boiled pudding.

Several years ago, I cooked a not-very-period generic-Celtic-style
feast for our annual generic-Celtic-style event, and one of the
ladies in Østgardr brought along her mother, who was from Puerto Rico
and doesn't speak very much English. It seems she particularly
admired the haggis we'd made, and she asked, in slightly broken
English and with help from her daughter, where we'd gotten the idea
for haggis. I explained that it was morcilla de Scotland... she
immediately grinned and nodded, and apparently asked her daughter
what this guy was doing, knowing about morcilla. She explained that I
was a little unusual by local standards: all I actually caught were
the words, "Ma, he just knows, okay?"

Adamantius, morcilla fan

eat cake!"
Rousseau, "Confessions", 1782