[Sca-cooks] Yet another German Feast

Jonathan and Rebecca Barber barber at runbox.com
Tue Jan 25 09:00:35 PST 2005

Is it something in the air?

The feast I am doing in March is also German.  We are using other peoples translations because I am coaching a brand new head cook and I'll put it all up as soon as we have it finalized, but I'm just really amused by all the german everyone is doing right now!

Tentative menu looks like:
First course:
Bread, butter, marinated vegetables as an appetizer

Second Course:
Sauerbraten
Spaetzle
Carrot side dish
Poached pears in wine (yes, there are german recipes for this)

Third Course:
Hens from Greece (this is the roast chicken with pork in a sauce around the outside)
Rice
Peas with almonds side dish
Lebkuchen (using period spice ratios and no citron but a more modern cookie-like presentation)

Ru