[Sca-cooks] Re: gram flour

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 26 17:41:19 PST 2005

I kinda like Will Keith, John Harvey's brother, who talked John harvey into
selling Granose as flakes turning 60 cent a bushel wheat into $12 a bushel
cereal.  Set up the Sanitas Nut Food Co. to manufacture and distribute
cornflakes.  Put together the Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Co.  Spent
2/3's of his budget on advertising (ahead of his time).  Bought out his
brother in a leveraged buyout and then built what would become Kellogg's on
the debt.

Not as humorous as the health and hygiene brigade, but an amazing business
case study.

Bear