[Sca-cooks] Chili dishes...

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 07:21:41 PST 2005

>I'm personally partial to chili con carne Mary of Agreda over frijoles and
>to posole with pork and green chili sauce.

I have to admit some of my favorite chili dishes.
Chili burgers: a good sized meat patty, medium rare, with lettuce,
tomato, onion and mustard.

Frito pie: a bag of Fritos Corn Chips torn open and topped with
chili and cheese.

Tamale Pie: No tamales. Chili on the bottom of a casserole dish
with cornmeal batter poured over the top and baked. Cheese
is nice too.

Chili should never have beans. Although when I hosted the Ansteorran
Chili Party at Pennsic one year the one I liked the best was my "Vegetarian
Chili".

Corn bread is the only thing allowed to be crumbled into the chili.
Saltines denotes a child, wussie or Carpetbagger.

>Bear

Gunthar