[Sca-cooks] Chili dishes...

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 08:55:37 PST 2005

>well, hey... i am cooking the al-Barran Baronial Stew at Estrella this
>year.  if you are going to estrella, stop by.

I might. I'm flying in with just a suitcase so I'm going to be wandering
with a begging bowl all week.  :-)

>green chili stew, cheese, tortillas, biscochitos...

Nice. I love New Mexican cuisine.

>how did you make your vegetarian chili?

I have no real idea. I kind of make stuff up as I go along.
Um....sauteed onions and garlic in oil. Added jalapeno and
chipotle. Added cans of kidney beans. Added seasonings
and beer. Added several cans of tomatoes. Cooked. That's
probably close.

>cailte
>who can't seem to get to do small numbers....

I can relate. My Pennsic Chili served 500.

Gunthar