[Sca-cooks] Chili dishes...

Aurelia Rufinia aureliarufinia at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 11:17:42 PST 2005

Recipie for Minnesota Chili:

One lb ground beef.  Maybe half an onion if you're
feeling daring.  Two cans campbell's tomato soup (if
they're on sale, otherwise the grocery store generic
is just as good), a can of kidney beans, two stal;ks
of celery.

Brown hamberger and onion.  drain fat.  THoss in
tomato soup, kideny beans, and chopped celery.  Get
lead lined oven mits, go down stairs to the lead lined
vault, where you have a lead container that contains
one atom mild chili powder.  Carefully take said
container up stairs, open (CAREFULLY!) and wave over
pot of chili.  Take back down to lead lined vault and
store for next time you make chili.

Serve with lots of cheese and sour cream to cut
spiciness.

Aurelia, Minnesotan born, bred, had to leave to find
decent pizza.

--- "Pixel, Goddess and Queen"
<pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> wrote:

> > --- "Pixel, Goddess and Queen"

> crumbled into the chili.
> Carpetbagger.
> >>
> >> Or my mother, who was allergic to corn in any
> variety. Care to re-think
> >> that attitude, William?
> >>
> >> Margaret FitzWilliam
> >

> > That weren't me, m'lady.... I swears.  However,
> with the exception of your mother, I agree with
> > the sentiment :)
> >
> > William de Grandfort
> >

> Yeah, Papa corrected me--I've been doing homework
> lately so too busy to
> reply. Sorry about that.
>
> We always ate rice with our chili, and cornbread,
> but I'm from Chicago and
> we do pizza, not chili. And leftover chili got elbow
> macaroni mixed with
> it. Mom's chili was beef, onions, green peppers,
> kidney beans, tomatoes,
> and the mildest chili powder she could find, because
> my mother disliked
> garlic or anything spicy. I've grown past that. ;-)
>
> Margaret

=====
Baroness Aurelia Rufinia
House Iron Maiden, Barony of Carolingia,
East Kingdom, Northshield Ex-Pat

"Caviar and grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone!"