[Sca-cooks] Tableside stoves

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 12:47:30 PST 2005

>What brand and are you happy with it?  We've had a couple.  I love them,
>but they don't seem to last more than a season, and when they die it can be
>quite exciting.
>
>Samrah
>
>Kiri wrote:
>Yeah, we've been served sukiyaki using one of those. In fact, we were
>so taken with them that we purchased one a number of years ago, and find
>it very useful!
>
>Kiri

These portables are all I cook on as I have no stove.  Portable convection
oven and these burners and a much forgotten microwave.  I own four different
brands.  If you go to buy one (or more) then what you should look for,
should you have a choice, are the amount and size of the flame holes.  The
ones with lots more smaller holes are better as they tend to be more fuel
efficient.  If you plan to take along to events or picnics then you may want
to work up some sort of wind screen to put partially around it.  The wind
will either keep blowing out your flame or it will cause more fuel usage.
They come in a nice little "suitcase" too for even more convienence.  The
canisters come 4 to a pack usually and run about a buck a can, $4.25,
although where I get mine I pay $2.99 per 4 pack.
Olwen