[Sca-cooks] Tableside stoves

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Fri Jan 28 20:24:35 PST 2005

Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> [2005.01.28] wrote:
> fuel efficient.  If you plan to take along to events or picnics then you
> may want to work up some sort of wind screen to put partially around it.
> The wind will either keep blowing out your flame or it will cause more fuel

If you go to a decent backpacking supply store (or surf REI, MEC, or
somesuch) they will be happy to help you with the wind-screen issue.
IIRC there is a chunk of super-heavy (as in way, way beyond normal
kitchen) aluminium foil that can be packed away in no space and shaped
to fit around your stove.

Since the only portable stove I ever actually use is a Trangia, which
comes with integral wind screen, or open fire I have no personal
experience with this product, but have heard good stuff about it from
those that do.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
It is company policy to discriminate against all employees equally.