[Sca-cooks] Tableside stoves

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 13:40:59 PST 2005

Thanks guys!  I believe the product I was buying was called "Mr. Stove".  After about a year the seal where the butane can goes gave out, without warning.  Once I even had a small unusual fire in the butane can area.  (Yes, it was mildly exciting.)  The wind shield was not an issue as when we are truly camping I tend to use a regular Coleman (cheaper fuel), saving the butane stove for light heat up type things like tea or tourneys.

Samrah

UlfR <ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org> wrote:
Olwen the Odd [2005.01.28] wrote:
> fuel efficient. If you plan to take along to events or picnics then you
> may want to work up some sort of wind screen to put partially around it.
> The wind will either keep blowing out your flame or it will cause more fuel

If you go to a decent backpacking supply store (or surf REI, MEC, or
somesuch) they will be happy to help you with the wind-screen issue.
IIRC there is a chunk of super-heavy (as in way, way beyond normal
kitchen) aluminium foil that can be packed away in no space and shaped
to fit around your stove.

Since the only portable stove I ever actually use is a Trangia, which
comes with integral wind screen, or open fire I have no personal
experience with this product, but have heard good stuff about it from
those that do.

UlfR