[Sca-cooks] Indian cookbooks

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jan 30 15:43:17 PST 2005

>Try anything by Julie Sahni. I have 2 books of hers: Classic Indian
>Cooking, and Classic Indian Vegetarian Cooking. Both are very good.

In my opinion, her books are are very influenced by french cooking. I
collect Indian cookbooks and have about 30.  I like to trace recipes
between the various books and her recipes were too far from the
typical. Kinda like finding green beans in a medieval redaction. Sure
it tastes good, but it isnt really Indian.  I paid hard cover prices
for two of her books and gave them away.  But that's just my opinion.

Look for Madhur Jaffrey's books instead.

Ranvaig