[Sca-cooks] OT: on a tangential note -- "Chili Sauce"

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 22:49:16 PST 2005

--- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> I've not noticed the two sauces you mention, Adamantius. Please let us
> know if you find the Cholula. I agree with Gunthar and prefer it to
> Tabasco.

Tobasco has it's place, but I agree that both Tapatio and Cholula are superior in flavor.  One of
my current favorites, though, is Arizona Gunslinger.  Not sure why, except that perhaps it has a
bit of black pepper flavor to it, and so adds another depth of zip (there are several levels of
zip, if you have never been there.)

Cholula is exceptionally good drizzled atop a hard boiled egg, followed by a shot of Patron Anejo
or Cazadores tequila.  Or so I have heard (ahem).  Actually, I used to serve these at one of the
bars I managed.  They were called 'Drunk Chicks'  ("Hey, Chef!  Can you hook me up with a Drunk
Chick tonight??")

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.