[Sca-cooks] period stuffed olives

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 11 21:23:29 PDT 2005

  Urtatim mentioned:
> One of my favorite pizza toppins included anchovies, shrimp, and
> garlic.

Yes, this sounds wonderful. I've had all of these on pizza except the
shrimp.

> And i often bring anchovy-stuffed olives to events - along
> with the garlic-&-jalapeno-stuffed olives which I know aren't not
> period, but they're a good pick-me-up on a warm Saturday afternoon or
> during break-down n Sunday afternoon.

I asked this question several years ago, but no one at that time posted
anything definitive, other than a redaction from a possible 14th
century recipe but they had no original recipe.

So, does anyone have any recipes or other evidence for olives being
stuffed in period?

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------