[Sca-cooks] anchovies

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 11 22:36:50 PDT 2005

Maire commented:
> My one exprience with anchovies-as-themselves was on a pizza, hidden
> under the cheese.  They tasted like nasty little salt bombs to me
> <<shudder>>.  And I don't live in a part of the US that has the wide
> variety of ethnic cuisines and markets available elsewhere, so I
> haven't
> had the opportunity to taste them prepared on something besides a
> really
> bad Domino's pizza.

Are you saying you can't find them in your regular grocery store? Here
they can be found in most grocery stores in the same section as the
canned sardines, canned mussels and clams, canned octopus and other
canned meats. The cans are usually about the same proportions as the
canned sardines but about half that size, although sometimes I've seen
them in small glass jars rather than tins.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com