[Sca-cooks] OT Summer Recipe

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 08:11:47 PDT 2005

One of our favorite summer desserts is one of those kitchsy "salads" you are always seeing in the church cookbooks.  It varies from cook to cook, but the one I just made goes something like this:

Green Stuff
1 small bottle marischino cherries
1 pt. sour cream
1 pt. whipped cream
1 can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 packets instant pistachio pudding mix

Drain and rinse the cherries then combine all other ingredients and fold together until everything is green.

Variations in my family include:
Cottage cheese or yoghurt or vanilla ice cream for either or both of the cream products
Fruit cocktail or canned peaches or mandarin oranges or other canned fruit for the pineapple
and the nuts can be walnuts, pecans. pistachios, pine nuts, or peanuts.
Kept refrigerated, it will last until it's all gone.  Seriously, I've never had it remain in the fridge more than three days.

Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook
Shire of Thorngill, Meridies
Mundanely, Pat Griffin of Millbrook, AL