[Sca-cooks] NYC in July

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 13:56:29 PDT 2005

I'll be in NYC in July (14th - 18th) to see the Robert Wilson
production Sureq Galigo, based on an Indonesian tale from the Bugis
people of the island of Sulawesi (formerly called Celebes), at
Lincoln Center

I won't have masses of free time, but i will have some on Friday and
i think on Sunday, and part of Monday.

As my SCA focus is Andalusia, North Africa, Persia, and Ottoman
Empire, which museums have good "Middle Eastern" collections? I'm
especially interested in clothing, textiles, and painting.

My interest in food is boundless and unlimited (although my finances
are not). My daughter, however, is vegetarian. She's adaptable, but i
was wondering if there are any particularly recommended vegetarian or
specifically vegetarian friendly restaurants in Manhattan that are
not too expensive?

Anyone want to join us for dinner on Sunday night?
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita