[Sca-cooks] question of yields

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 15:59:22 PDT 2005

I know I should know this, but cant seem to find it
documented.  HELP.

How much actual (boneless) meat can I expect to get
from 1lb of bone in skin on chicken breasts.
No, I dont need the bones for broth, but at the moment
the price difference is $1 per lb on bone in, $1.99 lb
for boneless, and if the yield is enough better than
50% I will make the effort even though time is short.

Also, how much useful meat on a 'whole' Boston butt
pork shoulder roast, and how big is a whole likely to
be.

If you know of a website that answers this, please
share.

Curiously yours
Gwen Cat