[Sca-cooks] mustards

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 22 16:24:55 PDT 2005

Alexa asked:
> I was thinking that also.  Know of any really tastey
> mustard recipes?

Well, there are quite a number of interesting period mustard recipes.
It might be easier to ask if there are any non-tasty mustards. (I like
mustards). Well, there is that bright yellow "ball park" mustard. But
that is really just bland rather than non-tasty. :-)

There are a few files on mustards in the FOOD-CONDIMENTS section of the
Florilegium:
Mustard-art        (5K)  9/14/00    "Mustard" by Ld. Daniel le Vascon
du Navarre
Mustard-Making-art (36K) 12/ 7/03    "Making Medieval-Style Mustards"
by Pani
                                        Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
mustard-msg      (120K) 12/24/04    Mustard seed in period. sauces.
recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas