[Sca-cooks] Somewhat OT: Looking for Canadian on-line suppliers

patrick.levesque at elf.mcgill.ca patrick.levesque at elf.mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 23 18:46:17 PDT 2005

Greetings all!

I've recently developed an interest in period pharmaceutics, and while I'm eager
to try making a few balms, oils and pills (not sure about testing them, though!)
I find a few ingredients to be... er... hard to get by.

So I'm turning toward your collective wisdom to recommend a good source for
opopanax, sandalwood, styrax, amber, mastic, etc, etc, etc...

Preferrably one that is located in Canada (I want to avoid border delays) or in
the US, but known for timely delivery north of the border.

(I've just started looking but the only supplier I've found so far is from the
Netherlands and, well, we can all just guess what will happen to a package of
weird powders, plantstuff and the likes from the Netherlands at Customs...)

Thanks!

Petru