Creative Supplimentation (was RE: [Sca-cooks] English Doctors want to ban pointy knives...)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 11:58:52 PDT 2005

Well, there is truth to the witticism "If four hours is a long drive or a short court, you
must be a Caidan."  There are kingdoms where people would be grateful to have only a five
hour drive to the nearest event.  And then there is the reign of Gregory of York and
Bevan Fraser of Sterling, who were the only Caidans to sit on the Western Thrones, just before
Caid became an independent kingdom.  Gregory lived/lives in San Diego.  Beven lived in the
San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles.  Gregory and Bevan had to drive 10 to 12 hours and sometimes
more to fulfill their duties as King and Queen of the West.  Hey, but they knew their jobs were
dangerous when they took them, Fred.

During my most active years, way back when I was in my 20's and 30's, I didn't think twice about
driving to Nordwache or Califia or Starkhavn for a kingdom event.  I even took a Greyhound
bus to Nordwache for a Coronation, when my car died and I couldn't find anyone who had room
for me in their vehicle.  Now that was an experience.

Huette
Angels, Caid