[Sca-cooks] question about breads

Robin rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 20:39:51 PDT 2005

Alexa wrote:

>I will be making bread for an upcoming event.  Due to
>time and lack of large kitchen space, per norm, I
>would like  to premake the bread.  Any suggestions?

I make bread in advance.  When it is baked and thoroughly cooled, I wrap
it well in plastic wrap and tin foil, then freeze it.  I remove the
loeaves from the freezer the night before the feast, and let them
defrost in their wrappings.  The results have always be satisfactory.

Tying this into another thread, baking bread is one way that I free up
budget money for more interesting/indulgent foods.

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
Robin Carroll-Mann *** rcmann4 at earthlink.net