[Sca-cooks] cinnamon toast

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 17:41:25 PDT 2005

--- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Huette commented:
> > I know that I grew up with something we called "cinnamon toast", which
> > was white bread toasted
> > and, while still hot, spread with butter and then had cinnamon and
> > white sugar strewn on it.
>
> Interesting. I remember cinnamon toast quite well. As a diabetic, it
> isn't really something I should have now, though. :-(  However, I
> remember making it differently. Butter the bread, sprinkle with sugar
> and cinnamon and place in the toaster oven until the toast browns and
> the sugar melts.
>
> Stefan

We never had a toaster oven, only a toaster and an oven.  However, from experience, if you
want your bread toasted, don't put butter on it before you put it in an oven of any sort.
The fat in the butter keeps it from getting crunchy.  If you like it crunchy, you toast it
first and then butter it.

Huette