[Sca-cooks] OT: Documentation for Pysanky

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Jun 5 18:08:28 PDT 2005

> We have a lady here who does them, and basically, they are 200 years out of
> period and can't be documented.  Colored eggs, yes.  Pysanky, no.  I heard a
> very well-reknowned Peli-Laurel say this weekend she would eat a pysanky egg
> if anything was ever found to tie them to period.
> Now, we all know that is a way to challenge the doc-gods if ever there was
> one, but I seriously doubt she'll have any further luck.

This is what I've collected so far
http://gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/eggs/eggdyes.html

There is a resist method for eggs given in the 1594 Jewel-House of Art
and Nature, but it uses suet and vinegar.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"All of us have special ones who have loved us into being. Would you
just take, along with me, ten seconds to think of the people who have
helped you become who you are. " -- Mr. Fred Rogers