[Sca-cooks] Re: Sweet or Savoury breakfast?

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 17 11:16:39 PDT 2005

Hmmm. My preference for a big breakfast leans toward the savoury (Florentine omelets, sausage, etc.). For small at-work breakfasts I love rye or sourdough toast with butter and Marmite, although recently I have been eating granola with fresh strawberries, and drizzled with plain yogurt. I've been enjoying it quite a lot. The plain yogurt seems to be key, since the strawberries and granola are sweet enough. I also think this is a summer thing; in winter I crave proteins and fats and hot food.

I am trying to lose some weight right now, so I'm watching what I eat and I've upped my exercise (three dance classes a week plus at-home exercise with the Rachel Brice yoga DVD and Gypsy Caravan DVDs). My beloved sausage and biscuit sandwiches will only be a very rare treat now.

Gianotta