[Sca-cooks] Sweet or Savoury breakfast?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 17 16:18:39 PDT 2005

Laurensa wrote:
>My husband laughs at me because I LOVE the less sweet cereals--wheat or bran
>Chex, grape nuts..anything nutty and crunchy.

Gee, as a *child* under 10, Chex of all sorts were my favorites, also
Rice Crispies (and Cocoa Krispies - but they were a bit too sweet)
and when it finally was made, Special K - i think i was over 10 by
then. Grape Nuts were a treat, especially with a little cream mixed
into the milk. And NO sugar. Yuck. No flakes or puffs, though. Well,
Cocoa Puffs, when they hit the scene, but they weren't soft like
Quaker puffed stuff.

Now i like some puffs, like Kashi.

And some flakes... Heck, some fruits and some nuts are my best friends, too :-)

Urtatim
previously known as Anahita

--
The corpse exuded the irresistible aroma of a piquant, ancho chili
glaze enticingly enhanced with a hint of fresh cilantro as it lay

--Bob Perry, Milton, Massachusetts (1998 Winner, Bulwer-Lytton contest)