[Sca-cooks] Sweet or Savoury breakfast?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 18 11:56:23 PDT 2005

Pat wrote:

>I seem to be having a good day today, woke up and got out of bed without too much pain, very little dizzyness, and no nausea.  So I cooked breakfast for Mama and me:  scratch biscuits, bacon, grits, eggs, several kinds of cheeses, and canteloupe.  Got to thinking.  Big breakfasts at our house have traditionally been savoury, with lots of proteins and fats, but I know a lot of people who revel in Sweets for breakfast:  pancakes, waffles, sweet cereals...
>What is your preference?
>

>Pat Griffin
>Lady Anne du Bosc
>known as Mordonna the Cook
>Shire of Thorngill, Meridies
>Mundanely, Millbrook, AL
>Vert, between four cauldrons or, a cross checky argent and sable

Actually, I enjoy both.  However, since we've been on our diet, we are
doing more savory than sweet, though I am playing around with some sweet
stuff (pancakes, French Toast, etc.) that are low carb and low fat.  One
of the best (and easiest things) I've found is that Krusteaz has a
couple of muffin mixes (yeah, I know...using mixes is a bad thing...but
when you're rushed, they are very helpful!!) that are low carb...and
quite tasty.  I usually augment their fruit (blueberries or cranberries)
with a bit of my own...

Kiri