[Sca-cooks] Sweet or Savoury breakfast?

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Sun Jun 19 11:04:11 PDT 2005

>>I cooked breakfast for Mama and me:  scratch biscuits, bacon, grits, eggs,
several kinds of cheeses, and canteloupe.  Got to thinking.  Big breakfasts
at our house have traditionally been savoury, with lots of proteins and
fats, but I know a lot of people who revel in Sweets for breakfast:
pancakes, waffles, sweet cereals...
> What is your preference?

    Workday mornings it's a yogurt, or maybe peanut butter & banana sandwich
along with my sweetened coffee with milk.  Occasionally a "protein bar"
luna brand coz I have them "leftover" from a previous weekend of traveling.
Weekends I will make eggs & bacon with  toast or quesadillas.  In the colder
months  steel cut oatmeal or a grain mixture.  Pancakes or crepes with fruit
on a rare occasion.  Tho IF we go to IHOP for breakfast, I order the Swedish
pancakes.  I really like that lingonberry sauce & butter. { I have a real
problem getting up early & dressed to go out for breakfast.  I'd rather
sleep in and trudge around the house in jammies}

Caointiarn { this morning's breakfast: eggs scrambled with onion &
mushrooms, and quesidillas}