[Sca-cooks] crepe maker

Holly Stockley hollyvandenberg at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 04:18:25 PDT 2005

It's a speed/consistency thing.  I usually put the batter into a pie tin.
Then you dip the heated crepe maker into the batter, sort of swirl it to
even out the coating, flip it back up and let it cook.  Slip the crepe off
with a nylon spatula, then on to the next one.  Mine was a wedding present -
to my mother.  ;-)  She never used it, so passed it on.

If I were looking for one, I'd hunt through thrift stores.  They were REALLY
popular in the 60's & 70's, much like fondue sets.  Lots of people still
unload like-new crepemakers still in the box.  Or even check e-bay, which
has a dozen or so listed right now.

Femke