[Sca-cooks] Re: meat pies

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Jun 21 09:58:14 PDT 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Dear lady, what is a trivet?

Something to get the food up off the bottom of whatever you're cooking in-
rocks will do, there are quite a number of fancy and plain metal
contraptions for that purpose- I make them myself, at my forge.

Here's a url-

http://47.1911encyclopedia.org/T/TR/TRIVET.htm

This one's wooden, for preventing hot pans, etc from burning your table-
metal ones can keep the baking pan off the bottom of the dutch oven if
you're heating it over a fire, so the bottom of the food doesn't burn. Think
a flame tamer variant.

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jhtml?id=0031827619750a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnString=hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&QueryText=trivet&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jhtml.22&Go.x=20&Go.y=9&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=trivet&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jhtml

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.