[Sca-cooks] camp ovens

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 22 15:00:59 PDT 2005

K Francis wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Just for silly, I will mention that I have been using a nonstick
> butterfly omelet pan for years to 'bake' biscuits for myself at SCA
> events.  I use it over a diffuser (has a folding handle!) and over a
> very low flame, simply turn the omelet pan over several times during
> the normal cooking time and checking it now and then.   The biscuits
> fall to the other side and continue to cook just fine.  Works like a
> charm!
>
> Purists - stop reading here, you were warned.......It just fits the 5
> biscuits or cinnimon rolls that come in a tube!!
>
> Katira

Great idea!  Phillip and I are cutting 'way back on the kitchen stuff
we're taking to Pennsic this year...we're actually planning to take a
number of our meals at the Food Court.  But we still will probably will
do breakfasts...and the big thing I miss is the ability to have
biscuits, quickly and easily!

Kiri